We have updated our vehicle. It was custom designed by us, and built by a company out of Denver Colorado.
We chose the Ford F250 with the 7.3L Diesel this time. Mostly due to availability of Diesel in foreign countries, and the reliability of the “million mile” engine.
The camper has countless features. There is a full Queen size bed, wet bath, with flushing toilet, 2 burner stove, microwave, fridge, propane heater, coffee pot, surround stereo, 28″ TV, 200 watts of solar panels, 4 -190 AH batteries, 2- fantastic vent fans, sun/moon roof, lots of storage, on board Honda generator, 44 gallons of fresh water, 16 gallons of gray water holding, Bf Goodrich KO2 tires 35×12.50-18, Warn 9500lb winch, power awning, LED lighting throughout, and MUCH more.
We have traveled with minimal amenities, and decided this time around, we wanted some comforts of home, since we will be living in this for the next year while traveling the Pan American Highway, through Mexico, Central America, and South America!
Here are a few pics:
**UPDATE** (Below is our old rig- See the new one above ^^^^)
We chose a Land Rover Discovery 2 for our expedition/travel needs. It offers the amenities like leather seats, power everything, and a spacious interior, along with the off road 4×4 capabilities we were looking for.
We made quite a few improvements before our trip, along with some preventative maintenance. Here are some of the things done to the Disco:
- Oversized mud terrain tires (265/75-16) This was the maximum for our lift size. They are 8 ply to offer comfort and ruggedness.
- 2″ ARB lift kit including shocks, and coil springs
- Heavy duty aftermarket drive shaft
- Ceramic brake pads
- Dual Blue Top Optima batteries and battery tray
- NGK Iridium spark plugs
- Valvoline Full synthetic oil in crankcase, and differentials
- Custom made Rock sliders
- ARB Bull bumper with 12000 lb winch
- Bajarack roof rack
- TJM Rooftop tent
- Custom designed and made interior storage system with drawers
- Cd, wireless Aux, mp3, SiriusXM stereo
- 20% tinted windows over factory tint
- Rear access ladder
- Many maintenance items (Belts, hoses, pulleys, water pump, etc)
- 6x 100Watt driving lights
I had alot of fun getting this vehicle ready. If you are interested in more details, please feel free to contact me.